The Nosh ListHere's a quick list of the types of foods I make my drinks with. Not all-inclusive, not used all the time, and not to everyone's liking. Like I've said before: find out what feels right for YOU.
Although I've put a few "keywords" next to each of the foods under the superfoods section of this list, I encourage you to do your own research to make sure you understand what each of them can do and not do, and to ensure they don't interfere with any medical conditions you may have.
- fuji apples
- red grapes
- bok choy
- swiss chard
- romaine lettuce
- spring mix
- beets (bleh!)
- celery (bleh!)
- almond milk
- uncooked oats (old fashioned oat meal...not quick oats)
- apple cider vinegar
- coconut oil
- pumpkin seeds
- goji berries - a complete protein, fiber, human growth hormone, vitamin A
- flax seeds - omega fatty acids, fiber, protein
- chia seeds - 40% fiber, 20% protein, 20% omega fatty acids
- hemp seeds or powder - 50% protein, fiber
- cacao nibs - highest antioxidant food in the world, promotes "love chemicals"
- raw honey - 27 minerals, 22 amino acids, 5000 live enzymes, boosts digestive & immune systems, heals cuts/wounds, replenishes moisture in the skin, deters scarring, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal
- spirulina - a microalgae that's a 65% complete protein (highest on earth), stem cell growth, source of chlorophyll
- maca powder - libido, vigor, vitality, stamina, fights fatigue (tastes disgusting, though)
Which ingredients will you try in your drink today?