Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Hawaiian

 
  1. Spinach
  2. Blueberries
  3. Red grapes
  4. Ataulfo mango
  5. Papaya
  6. Cara Cara orange
  7. Ice cubes
  8. Water mid-way to max
Me oh my -- What a tropical island sensation!
There are two new players to my blend today: the ataulfo mango and the papaya.
What a great surprise the mango was.
If you've never encountered these types of mango, they're small, yellow, torpedo-shaped fruit that taste like a cross between your standard mango and an orange. You still have to peel them and cut/eat around the fibrous middle. My first time having them and Very delicious!
The papaya...well, the papaya was not as exciting as the mango! I've never actually eaten one before today so I didn't know what to expect, but what I got was...different. It didn't have a "fruity" smell upon hacking it open, and then upon tasting, didn't really taste like anything great!! What the hell??
I went ahead and melon-balled some into my drink, melon-balled the rest of the fruit, tossed them into a container, and stuck them in the fridge. Very unexcited...
Maybe I need to visit my friend who lives on the beautiful island of Hawaii to get a REAL one, because I don't think the ones here in the states are very good. Or maybe that's really how they're supposed to taste? Who knows...not me!
Papayas are so rich in health benefits, however, I'm still happy to incorporate them into my diet. Rich in fiber, vitamin E, folate, potassium, helps with digestion, and helps protect against colon cancer!
Oh, and another post about an island...can you tell I need a vacation?!
Cups up to Saturday and trying new things folks!
E



Nutritional info pulled from my trusty "Pocket Nutritionist."

No comments:

Post a Comment