Monday, May 6, 2013

The not your mama's collards

  1. Collard greens
  2. Pineapple rings
  3. Blueberries
  4. Fuji apple
  5. Cara cara orange
  6. Water to max line
Had this concoction today for lunch, and let me tell you: your mama has never served collard greens like this!

Let's talk a bit about collard greens:
These leaves are chock full of vitamins C, K, and A, loaded with fiber, and contain manganese and antioxidants!

I'd say this blend is in the advanced category of drinks because of the bitterness and bulkiness of the greens and the overall texture of the finished product.

You really need to blend this one well in order to breakdown the tough leaves. I blended, thought that was good enough, went back to my desk, took a (crunchy) sip, and popped right back up to return to the kitchen and blend longer.

Although I said this may be advanced, I think even beginners can try at least one time to gauge where their palettes are.

Cheers!

Nutrition info pulled from my trusty "Pocket Nutritionist."

No comments:

Post a Comment